1. Do you normally have drinks containing alcohol at least once a week?
2. Do you normally have four more standard alcoholic drinks on a typical day when you drink?
3. Do you ever have six or more standard drinks on one occasion?
During the past year:
4. have you ever found you were unable to stop drinking once you had started?
5. have you ever failed to do what was expected of you because you had been drinking?
6. have you ever needed an alcoholic drink in the morning to get you going?
7. have you ever had a feeling of guilt or regret after drinking?
8. have you ever been unable to remember what happened when drinking the night before?
9. have you or someone else been injured as a result of your drinking?
10. Has a relative/friend/medical person been concerned about your drinking or advised you to cut down?
If you answered yes to 1 or 2 of these questions you may have a problem with alcohol.
If you have answered yes to 3 or more of these questions you probably have a serious problem with alcohol and need professional help.