Find Rehabs in Pattaya
Tourists and Expats in Need of Addiction Help in Pattaya and Jomtien
Pattaya attracts around 8 million visitors a year with many of these tourists drawn to the city because of its reputation for being ‘sin city’. Despite the efforts of local authorities to rebrand Pattaya as a ‘family destination’, it is still the promise of an ‘adult playground’ that is so appealing to most visitors.
Even usually moderate drinkers will tend to go overboard during their time in Pattaya – with over 3000 bars in the city there is plenty of temptation. Binge drinking is never a good idea, but most visitors manage to avoid getting into too much trouble during their stay. The biggest risk is usually to functioning alcoholics and habitual heavy drinkers who can completely lose control during their stay in Pattaya.
As well as alcohol, it is also possible for tourists and expats to fall into the trap of illegal drug abuse while staying in Pattaya. Yaba is a type of local methamphetamine that is particularly nasty and relatively easy to obtain for visitors who know the city well. The penalties for being caught with illegal drugs in Thailand are severe – 10 years in jail if caught in possession of yaba, heroin, or ecstasy and the possibility the death penalty if the amount is above 20 grams. Even if visitors manage to avoid prosecution while using illegal drugs, the risk of running into other dangers is high (e.g. local heroin can be purer than foreigners are used and overdose is common).
Expats with Addiction Problems in Pattaya and Jomtien
Expats can be particularly vulnerable to developing addiction problems while living in Thailand. This increased risk is due to a number of factors including:
• Some expats never really leave ‘holiday mode’ and they continue to party hard
• Prescription medication can be easier to obtain
• Loneliness can be a huge problem for expats in Pattaya, and the bars may seem to offer the perfect solution
• Many of those who develop serious addiction problems will have been high functioning substance abusers before they arrived but now they find it impossible to stay in control
• There is a strong drinking culture locally
• Alcohol is cheaper in Thailand than most western countries
• Expats can develop a false sense of invincibility
• Many expats develop relationship or business problems while living in Thailand and can turn to alcohol or drugs as a type of self-medication
Addiction Services in Pattaya and Jomtien
Rehabs in Pattaya – Hope Rehab Thailand
Our treatment center is just 35km from the center of Pattaya, and it offers the perfect environment for those looking to end their dependence on alcohol or drugs. The program we offer is focused on evidence-based approaches such as CBT, mindfulness compassion therapy, and 12 step work. Our facility in Sri Racha is second to none, and we will be able to provide all the resources you need to transform your life.
If you are considering rehabs in Pattaya, contact us right away to find out more