Dental Treatment in Thailand
Thailand for Dental Tourism
Thailand has managed to develop an unrivalled reputation as a hub for many different types of medical tourism including dental treatments. People choose to come here for dental work not only because it less expensive than many other parts of the world but also because it is hygienic, safe, and generally of a high-quality. Thailand is known affectionately as the ‘Land of Smiles’ and one of the reasons the local people are so comfortable about showing their teeth is the availability of excellent dental care.
Some people feel reluctant about coming to a country like Thailand for dental treatment because they fear the work will somehow be substandard or unsafe. Perhaps they imagine that this type of work will be done by an unqualified manic with a pliers in a dirty room. The reality is that private dental care in Thailand is usually highly advanced and done by some of the most competent dentists in the world. You can expect the clinics to be modern, very clean, as well as offering a high level of comfort.
5 Reasons to Choose Dental Work in Thailand
· You are likely to find that dental work is a lot cheaper here in Thailand than it would be in your home country (some procedures can be as much as one-third of the cost of the same treatment in the west)
· You will find that almost every type of dental work is available in Thailand
· Dentistry in Thailand is generally of a high quality and in line with international standards
· Thailand is a tropical paradise, so you get to enjoy a memorable holiday as well as an improved smile
· Dentists in Thailand tend to be willing to go the extra mile to keep clients happy
Types of Dental Work Available in Thailand
· Replacement of crowns
· Teeth cleaning
· Teeth polishing and whitening (including specialised options like laser teeth bleaching)
· Root canal treatment
· Dental implants
· Emergency dental work
· Porcelain veneers
· Dental bridge work
· Dental implants
· Dental surgery
· All types of cosmetic dental work
Should You Choose Dental Work in Thailand
There are many of us who suffer discomfort or feel self-conscious because of the state of our teeth. The high cost of dental treatment in the west may mean we just accept this state of affairs. The reality is that these dental problems will often be niggling away at the back of our mind, and it is only when we do something to fix the problem that we realise how big an issue it has been. Getting some dental work in Thailand can not only improve your dental health, but it may also boost your self-confidence and body image.
It is important though that you are careful when choosing a dental clinic in Thailand. It is best to stick with the facilities that have a solid reputation – even if this means paying a little more (don’t worry, you should still end up saving a lot of money). You can find recommendations on online forums such as the Thai Visa Forum, and these are usually reliable as they come from personal experience.
Dental Treatment in Thailand by Paul G