Hope Rehab Thailand by the Sea
One of the benefits of coming to Hope Rehab Thailand is that you are going to be staying right beside the sea. We get to the beach at least once a week, and you will be benefiting from the sea air throughout your stay. You will also get to enjoy a superb view of the Gulf of Thailand from our balcony whenever you desire.
Thailand has the perfect climate for enjoying the beach all-year-round. This is why it is one of the top destinations in the world for sun-worshipers. There are also some practical benefits of this type of environment that are of particular value to those of attempting to overcome an addiction problem including:
Sea Air Helps You Sleep Better at Night
Have you ever noticed how just being by the sea can make you feel a bit more relaxed? This phenomenon occurs because sea air differs from the air found elsewhere on the planet as it has far more negative ions. Breathing in these negative ions produces a number of beneficial effects in the body including:
• It improves our ability to absorb oxygen
• It impacts hormones in the body such as serotonin thus reducing anxiety and generating a feeling of relaxation
• Positive ions in the atmosphere can make us feel restless but negative ions have the opposite effect
• The fact that we breathe easier and feel more relaxed made it more likely that we will get a good night sleep
Getting a good night’s sleep can be a real struggle for those of us in early recovery, but being close to the sea can greatly improve the situation.
Spending Time at the Beach Improves Your Mood
It is no mystery why so many of us love going to the beach – it is the perfect place to relax and escape from the stresses of normal living. Spending a bit of time beside the sea can significantly boost your mood which will then keep you motivated for the changes you need to make in rehab.
Ultraviolet light from the sun is used by the body to produce vitamin D – you can produce 25,000 IU of this chemical by exposing your skin to the sun for as little as 15 minutes. There appears to be a link between low levels of vitamin D and depression, so creating more of this substance can have an impact on mood.
Going to The Beach Environment Boosts Your Motivation
One of the other advantages of sunlight is that it increases our serotonin levels. Serotonin has been described as the ‘molecule of will power’ - this means it increases our ability to make permanent life changes. Staying motivated is one of the keys to getting the most out of rehab and spending some time at the beach is going to help with this.
Periods of Relaxation Are Vital If You Want to Get the Most Out of Rehab
Trips to the beach are more than just a reward to those staying in rehab. You need this downtime in order to reenergize and re-motivate yourself. These periods of relaxation also give your brain a chance to digest the information and make sense the experiences you have accumulated during your time in treatment. You do need to work hard to get the most out of rehab, but you also need to have periods or rest or you will be at risk of burnout.
Other Health Benefits of Staying in a Rehab by the Sea
• Swimming in the sea can boost your immune system – this is because seawater contain amino acids, microorganisms, and other components beneficial to the body
• Seawater can be good for your skin - e.g. the salt in the sea can clean cuts and wounds and help improve acne
• Playing in the sea are walking on the beach is great exercise
• Beach sand is a natural exfoliant – this means it removes dead skin cells and makes your skin feel soft
• People who spend time in the sun tend to be happier
• A bit of heat can get you to perspire which allows your body to get rid of toxins