Client policies and boundaries
“It’s the spirit of the law not just the letter of the law”
Boundaries and Expectations
There is zero tolerance for use of any mood altering substances. Any contravention of this policy will in all cases result in immediate termination of treatment. The policy includes:
1. All illicit drugs
2. Alcohol of any kind including mouth wash
3. Over the counter medications (unless cleared in advance)
4. Prescribed medications (unless cleared in advance)
5. Steroids and other performance enhancing drugs
6. All energy drinks e.g. Redbull
7. No passing medication between clients
8. Clients are to keep Hope community safe from drugs and alcohol – if you are aware of anyone else using inform staff immediately
Drug testing: Clients will be urine and breath tested regularly to ensure compliance with our substance use policy. All clients are expected to comply with tests when asked.
General House rules:
1. Air conditioners – turn off when not in rooms
2. Noise (music, TV, conversations) – be respectful of others at all times
3. Maintenance issues to be reported
4. Fire safety procedures to be followed
5. Hazards to be reported
6. All clients must inform a staff member if they leave site
7. Clients are not allowed to go into each other’s rooms
Strictly no smoking inside the property
1. No smoking in bedrooms
2. Smoking area outside only
3. Smoking while on excursion to be agreed by staff
It is strictly forbidden for residents to allow any persons access to the property at any time without permission.
1. No unauthorized or unapproved persons allowed
2. No guests allowed unless approved by staff
3. All guests must be pre-planned with staff
4. Generally guest passes are restricted to family members only (those without addiction issues)
5. Clients must demonstrate sensitivity toward fellow residents regarding having a guest visit
6. Individual residents to take full responsibility for their guests
1. Keep a healthy sleep pattern
2. Week days – bed by 10.00pm
3. TV and music off by 11.00pm
4. Weekends –bed by 11.00pm
5. TV and music off by 12.00pm
6. There is an expectation for clients to get up before 8am
Must attend all meals
1. Breakfast 7.30am
2. Lunch – 12.45pm
3. Dinner pprox. 7pm – in or out the house
4. Special diet to be requested from Alon
Cleaning up all personal mess
1. Clients to keep their rooms clean and tidy
2. Report any mess that you find
3. Client to bring own beach towel or purchase locally
4. Do not take white bathroom towels off site
5. Laundry – provided Mondays to Friday in the mornings
Inspections: We reserve the right to unobstructed access at all times. Random room inspections will be conducted
1. Aggressive or threatening behavior is strictly prohibited
2. Verbal or physical attacks are strictly prohibited
3. Disputes – please seek staff support
4. Sexual contact is strictly prohibited, also to form sexual or exclusive relationships with each other
5. Threats with suicide or self-harm will result in immediate discharge
6. Money lending and borrowing is prohibited
7. Putting site and residents at risk is prohibited
8. Clients are to act appropriately when on visits or on activities
9. Dress code – to be respectful at all times, not over sexualized and no inappropriate labels
1. Clients may walk to Thai Oil shop and gas station in pairs with permission.
2. Restricted areas and can damage a client’s recovery process
3. Spend time in restaurants chosen by Hope only
4. Getting Tattoos only in Secondary stage
5. No buying dangerous articals
6. Shopping to be clear via counselor
7. No hair Dying unless with permission
8. Clothing – only shirts off at the pool, the beach or the gym
Overnight trips/home visits: To be processed and planned in advance with staff
Confidentiality: Don’t keep secrets from staff i.e.: no collusion – honesty and openness with staff and residents is of the utmost importance. This includes notifying staff immediately of any fellow resident’s relapse or in their non-participation in the program.
1. Clients are to respect each others privacy
2. We will inform family or next of kin if you are at risk
3. No contact with clients who have been negatively discharged
1. Attend all staff-facilitated groups and activities
2. Individual client responsibility to be on time to group
3. Clients to adhere to program structure
4. Follow agreed weekly timetable
5. Attend agreed 12 step meetings
1. Insurance – this is the clients’ responsibility
2. Personal responsibility for providing toiletries and sunblock/spay
3. Medication (non-detox)– clients’ responsibility
4. Doctors appointments – see staff
5. Personal responsibility to keep possessions safe or store in Hope’s Safe in office
Travel and Transport:
Pre-programmed group activities transport provided
1. Personal individual leisure activities self-financing
2. No motorbikes in primary treatment
3. Hope-bicycle provided, however damage to bicycle must be paid and clients will be responsible for loss / theft.
4. Internet, Phones & Media Facilities:
5. Phones – please be sensitive to others, turn off and keep safe in room.
6. Internet – no inappropriate sites (pornography, gaming and gambling)
7. TV – evening times only
8. DVD – be sensitive to everyone’s needs
If you consistently show no respect for our boundaries then you maybe given a verbal or written warning as a second chance to stay. The warning policy is to be discussed with the team if necessary.
Hope Rehab operates a strict confidentiality policy. Your records, both oral and written, will be kept in confidence, according to standards set down in UK and US Legislation.
This policy is designed to provide a maximum amount of trust between clients and staff. Any information given to staff by clients is never passed on to other clients. However clients should note that any disclosure to a member of the Clinical team may be handed over to another member of the Clinical team, as this is designed to provide clients with a holistic care approach, ensuring continued care.
There are a few important exceptions to when counselors may be required to break confidentiality.
- If ordered by a court
- If you appear to have a serious intention to harm yourself or another.
- If you have broken the ground rules around drugs and alcohol. In this instance other. residents would be informed of your relapse.
- If a client discloses any information about the on going abuse of a minor.
- When we need to seek outside advice on matters concerning Hope Rehab.
CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY EXPECTATIONS
Clients are expected to respect the confidentiality of other clients in treatment at all times. We do not allow photographs to be taken of other clients. Do not post photographs or any other type of information about other clients on Facebook or other social media websites under any circumstances. Gossiping about other clients can also be very harmful to the therapeutic community, so please refrain from doing so.
Hope Rehab is an abstinence-based program. It is of the utmost importance that our facility remains completely free of drugs and alcohol, and that no clients involved in our program become exposed to persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any time.
If you have used drugs or alcohol in the last 24 hours, we ask that you let us know now. If so, we will ask that you remain in your room for the first day and night of your stay.
The consumption / possession of alcohol, illegal drugs and other psychoactive drugs, as well as certain prescribed medications are not permitted on the premises. The only exception to this rule is prescribed medications which have been cleared by the team and dispensed by our staff. Should you relapse while at Hope Rehab It will be at the discretion of the counsellors and the team whether to discharge you or work with a relapse prevention contract. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Research data has overwhelmingly shown that individuals recovering from addiction through participation in a treatment program have a much higher success rate when family members and loved ones are involved in the process, aware of what is going on, and educated as to how they can help their loved one to recover. To this end, we ask that all clients entering our treatment program allow us to involve those closest to them in the treatment process. We will keep these individuals apprised of your progress, and coordinate with them to ensure your maximum potential for success. We also ask for family feedback to help your treatment process.
Basic conditions of treatment
Strictly no alcoholic beverages or drugs of any kind are allowed on the premises at anytime and results in discharge. This rule does not apply to medication prescribed for medical illnesses and administered by staff.
Clients who are intoxicated on any substance will be put under review for possible exclusion.
Clients best must attend all clinical and therapeutic meetings and scheduled activities.
Clients agree to hand over all medications.
Clients will agree be honest about matters that relate to being a resident.
Clients will agree keep in confidence any and all information pertaining to persons in treatment and to honor the confidentiality and rights of other residents and staff.
Any form of violent or threatening behaviour will result in immediate discharge.
Sexual activity of any kind is not allowed, staff will intervene and put a stop to it.
Clients are not allowed to enter anyone else’s room.
Clients will not leave the premises without the prior permission.
Mobile phones to be kept in rooms.
Wireless internet is available to clients.
Further, we do not allow clients to engage in certain activities on the internet or via phone for the duration of their stay. These activities include:
Clients will be held accountable and be expected to pay for any damage to Property (including damage and additional cleaning costs incurred by smoking inside rooms).
Staff can enter a clients room at any time.
All clients are expected to be helpful when the staff needs to make room changes onsite and / or to the apartments.